Do you enjoy working with children?
The town of Falaise, located in Normandy region (France), is looking for a European candidate to promote the english language in our local schools.
This project is not a European Solidarity Corps mission, but is offered in the frame of the French programme entitled “Service Civique”!
Send your application (CV & cover letter) before: June 30, 2021
For more information and to submit your application:
Arnaud CASTEL – email@example.com
Project: Let’s speak English at school!
Your mission is to make the children discover and practice the english language in schools.
The children are aged between 5 to 9 years old.
To that aim you will be expected to:
- Collaborate with teachers in order to promote the english language in a fun and entertaining way;
- Create, contribute, organize and take part in workshops designed specifically for children by using a large variety of activities;
- Participate in activities designed to maintain close contact with parents, teachers and the local authority;
- Be prepared to take part in the everyday life of the school (eg. celebrations, end of term shows, etc);
- Participate to the staff meetings;
- Support the school in its day to day activities.
Join us if your profile fits these qualities:
- You are a native English speaker or you have a high level of the English language;
- You are used to working with children in different situations;
- You already have a basic knowledge of French (speaking, listening).
- The project will last 10 months
- You will be expected to work a 30 hours a week o Starting date: August 30, 2021
To help you deal with your day to day needs, you will have a personal tutor appointed by the town of Falaise.
During the project, you will be supported by two local head teachers who will be in charge of your training. They will be responsible for your integration into the team.
What You’ll Get!
- Monthly allowance : 580.62 €
- You will be hosted in a 23m2 studio. For more info, check out the website : www.althea.asso.fr/falaise
- A French bank account will be opened in your name;
- You will be covered by the French social security system;
- You will be able to access the school canteen 4 days a week;
- You will be in contact with other people in the same situation;
- During school holidays you are free to do as you please;
- You will have two days off a month;
- You will be invited to the civic service training offered by the french volunteering programme.
The town of Falaise is located in the south of Normandy region, with 8246 inhabitants.
• For quick access to the town, a bicycle will be provided. For longer excursions, there is a bus service from Falaise to Caen train station: https://www.busverts.fr/affichage.php?id=544.
• The town of Falaise is dynamic! Lots of activities are regularly going on: sporting activities, a school of dance, a music school, a big library, a weekly market, a theatre and a water sports center.
• For more information : http://www.falaise.fr; http://www.paysdefalaise.fr, http://www.suisse-normandetourisme.com
Discover the town of Falaise by watching the video: